December Update: Climate Action Rocks 2012, Get Ready For 2013!
Check out our latest newsletter!
Climate Justice Activists Launch Hunger Strike With Blockade At Houston Refinery
Bob Lindsey Jr. and Diane Wilson began a sustained hunger strike to demand that Valero divest entirely from the Keystone XL pipeline and invest that money into the health and well-being of the people of the neighborhood of Manchester (next to the refinery.) Hunger strikers began their protest in the Harris County Jail after blockading the refinery for several hours.
Read More Here: http://tarsandsblockade.org/13th-action/
Raising Resistance: Action Across North America in Solidarity with Unist’ot’en
Allies of the Unist’ot’en Camp held solidarity actions across North America, and around the world, warning industry and government to end their trespass against sovereign Wet’suwet’en territory. The camp is working to stop several proposed pipelines and shale gas projects in the Peace River Region.
Read More Here: http://unistotencamp.wordpress.com/
Rising Tide Vermont Disrupts Shell Oil Exec
In solidarity with the Tar Sands Blockade, Rising Tide Vermont interrupted a presentation by a Shell Oil executive. After nine consecutive interruptions, during which members of RTVT read statements from the Ogoni and other people on the frontlines of Shell’s operations, the event was cancelled and police were called.
Read more here: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012311150032
Days of Action Against the Keystone XL Pipeline
Over 100 people in Nacogdoches, Texas rallied to defend their homes and protect their water from toxic tar sands. In solidarity, over 40 communities rallied across the country and the world against tar sands and deadly resource extraction everywhere.
Read More Here: http://tarsandsblockade.org/12th-action/
Keep Rising Tide North America Going in 2013
Climate action has rocked 2012. Rising Tide has been a central part of organizing it. Now we need you to join us and keep it going on 2013. Whether its $5, $50 or $500, please donate and help us build this movement.
- Two People Barricade Themselves Inside Keystone XL Pipe To Halt Construction
- Occupy Sandy Relief puts Occupy back into the spotlight
- Wild Idaho Rising Tide Takes Action on Next Round of Tar Sands Megaloads
- London activists erect pipeline from Canadian high commission to the US embassy
- SF Bay Area: RTNA Fundraiser with Activist-Authors scott crow & Rebecca Solnit, Dec. 10th
- Sacramento, CA: Rising Tide Monterey Bay Opposing Auction of the California Central Coast for Fracking, Dec. 12th
- Texas: Tar Sands Blockade Mass Action Camp, Jan. 3rd-8th
- St. Louis: RAMPS-MORE Winter Action Camp, Jan. 7th
- Fight For The Future: Keep the internet free and uncensored.